Marketing Manager Job in South Africa
Marketing Manager South Africa
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has a direct presence in four other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Casablanca, Cairo and Nairobi.
Currently we have the opportunity for a dynamic Marketing Manager to join Philips Personal Health Team in Johannesburg and be responsible for the South African market.
As a Marketing Manager you will have the opportunity to utilize your marketing knowledge and expertise to develop and execute brand-marketing plans while being accountable for key financials and targeted metrics for the personal health division. You will deliver in year plans, growing the top and bottom line to support the strategic ambition.
You will report to the District Manager.
You are responsible for:
- leading the South African marketing team in all aspects of the job requirement
- being part of the South African Management team, working closely with the rest of management to Guide / lead the South African operation
- driving demand generation and ensuring that business performance is being delivered according to KPIs such as yearly sales, order intake, market shares, Integral Gross Margin (IGM) through price realization in markets, A&P, Integral Sales Margin (ISM) and marketing ROI
- establishing and assuring adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- the BMC planning and execution, monitoring performance, developing and enabling execution of corrective actions in the Markets to achieve BMC and AOP-commitments
- partnering with Market Leader and various stakeholders to lead BMC handshake and ongoing performance management against plan with the Markets
- developing local go-to-market strategies (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning, Portfolio definition, pricing, promotion and channel management) to drive profitable growth, in line with Quality & Regulatory requirements
- building Marketing Planning (18 months rolling) for BU for the Market linked to the BMC, and SPOR
- handling complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires
- leading a cooperative effort among members of multifunctional teams
- contributing to development of new channels (including digital), and optimizing existing channels, linking to sales plans
- providing business with local insights about markets, competition and trends and Marketing Performance Optimization and driving continuous improvements applying LEAN methodologies
- channeling market needs back to Business unit to build global roadmaps that balance local relevance with global efficiency
- providing inputs to the S&OP process as needed
- preparing internal business performance reviews
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in business, marketing or healthcare
- 3+ years of related experience in sales, marketing, downstream marketing, product management or related field
- MBA strongly preferred
- proven track record in developing and implementing business plans working with the full marketing mix and various distribution channels
- digital marketing (including SEO, web analytics, eCommerce and CRM)
- value proposition generation
- channel management and planning
- project management
- problem solving skills
- strong communication and presentation skills.
In return, we offer you the unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a South African Citizen by birth or Naturalization prior to the 27 April 1994.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.